Remember being given a word, an idea or a theme and using that as inspiration? Remember the excitement that ran through your mind and traveled to your fingertips as your idea came to life?
The Inspirational Circle is back! This month’s theme is “texture.” Let go of your creative block, and let the Inspirational Circle inspire you. So go ahead and brainstorm brilliant ideas and share them here with your fellow peers on our Facebook Event!
All creative work will be considered – drawing, painting, photography, poetry, prose, mixed media, sculpture, etc. If you post the work of others as inspiration, please cite the original source to give the artist credit. Please spread the word and invite others to join in.
Alright, to get started, here are definitions of texture. This is a fun theme to experiment with, whether you choose to focus on something two-dimensional or three-dimensional (slabs of paint on canvas, some mixed media work of random material, a sculpture, a descriptive poem, a photograph, a photogram, whatever you choose). Don’t be afraid to do something out of the ordinary 🙂
Here are some images that I found online that will inspire you. The first four photos are mine.
- Inspirational Circle #6: Rhythm and Repetition (jenuineinspiration.wordpress.com)
- Inspirational Circle #5 – Friendship (jenuineinspiration.wordpress.com)
- 100 Captivating Collages – From Cutout Advertorials to Mixed Media Photo Hybrids (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- mixed media series: finishes/patinas (aussiescrapsource.typepad.com)
- so many ways to be inspired… (donnadowney.typepad.com)
- Texture Galore or…Summer Canvas (nathaliesstudio.com)