Remember being given a word, an idea or a theme and using that as inspiration? Remember the excitement that ran through your mind and traveled to your fingertips as your idea came to life?
The Inspirational Circle is back! This month’s theme is “Found Art!” Go find some cool stuff and make a collage or a sculpture. Go walk around the streets and take photos of street art and graffiti, or make a photogram. Go find newspaper scraps and magazines and create a poem from it. Let go of your creative block, and let the Inspirational Circle inspire you. So go ahead and brainstorm brilliant ideas and share them here with your fellow peers on our Facebook Event!
All creative work will be considered – drawing, painting, photography, poetry, prose, mixed media, sculpture, etc. If you post the work of others as inspiration, please cite the original source to give the artist credit. Please spread the word and invite others to join in.
To get you started, here are some links that you can visit:
Street Art Utopia on Facebook has a lot of inspiring art done on the streets all over the world, utilizing the landscape to the fullest aesthetic beauty: http://www.facebook.com/streetartutopia?fref=ts
Etté Studios has beautiful butterfly sculptures composed of found art: http://www.ettestudios.com/2010/02/found-object-art-michele-stitzleins.html
The Broken Doll series has some interesting pieces
And for the writers, here are some ideas on how to write Found Poetry: http://www.creative-writing-now.com/found-poetry.html
Collage work that I previously made in college:
Photos taken at the NY MOMA
- Inspirational Circle #8 – Food (jenuineinspiration.wordpress.com)
- Found Art – inspired by Susan Firer (ellenolinger.wordpress.com)
- Street Finds (myldmc.wordpress.com)
- Street art found in a Belgium ghost town (lostateminor.com)
- Street-Art October (msamba.wordpress.com)
- Making ART! (seriouslywhimsical.com)
- Doll head scissor display inspired by the book Mixed-Media Doll Making (craftside.typepad.com)
- mixed media techniques: shapes (aussiescrapsource.typepad.com)